Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Joy of Blogging

Blogging is not what it used to be. When I first started blogging it wasn't quite cool, but within a year anyone and everyone had a blog and it was the "in thing." People would post entries about things they thought other people wanted to read about so they could get more comments and more traffic. I blogged for the sake of writing. Yes, I did enjoy comments and traffic, but mostly I just wanted to write and have an outlet for my thoughts and frustrations.

I made a lot of good blogging friends along the way. I actually met a couple in person and spent an entire weekend camping with one. Then things changed. People started getting bored of blogging because MySpace was suddenly the "in thing." After a year of MySpace, Facebook really started picking up fans along with Twitter. Now it seems like no one blogs anymore except for those few people that blogged for what I believe is the right reason - the joy of writing.

This is my fifth or sixth blog. The rest of my blogs have been deleted. I'm not sure why I keep starting over, but I think it has something to do with growing as a person. At certain points I begin to like who I am and not like who I was and I want to erase the memories of the person I didn't like. I may like who I am now, but I can gaurantee that in a year I'll be a different person and I'll probably erase these entries too.

No one comes to my blog anymore. No one comments. I'm okay with that. I don't blog for you. I blog for me. I've always said that and I've always meant that. The blog friends I met along the way that are worth having a friendship with are in my life in other ways, they don't need to comment on my blog to let me know they are there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I'm reading. I subscribed through Google Reader when you posted the link on Facebook. :)

Jeanna

P.S. I never comment on blogs unless someone asks a specific question. It's nothing personal.

Liza said...

I'm the same way with commenting - I read a lot of blogs but rarely comment. I guess I'm just kinda lazy =]

Shoeaddict said...

I read you too. I like blogging about my pregnancy but I don't do it much on the public blog.

Anonymous said...

I like your blogs....I feel the same way you do about just about everything. Good for you, and keep writing whatever and whenever you want. - Kelli

Katrina said...

I'm still reading your blog :) I haven't blogged in a while, but really want to get back to it...