Monday, February 13, 2012

50 Reasons Why I Love Husband

An early Valentine's Day Present.

1. He actually married me.
2. His scar is sexy.
3. His pure blue eyes.
4. His long, dark eyelashes.
5. His full lips and the way he kisses with them.
6. His smile is so sly and sweet at the same time.
7. The way he doesn't know colors.
8. He is so, so, so patient with me and my faults.
9. How he gets so mad at sports but not much else.
10. He is supportive to anything I want to try and do with my life.
11. He's so handsome and we make such cute kids together.
12. He handles life's surprises in stride.
13. He loves and accepts my family.
14. He speaks his mind in a way that I am not able to.
15. He can also speak his opinion without being judgmental towards others.
16. He loves to read and reads "real" books and not garbage.
17. He makes up silly games to play with the kids.
18. He makes up fun nicknames for the kids, me, and even the pets.
19. He will watch some of my crazy TV shows with me, even though he teases me the entire time.
20. He is starting to take after his dad by making corny jokes with strangers.
21. He takes an active interest in my pregnancies and doesn't mind talking with me about being pregnant.
22. He actually cares about what we name our children.
23. He is athletic and excelled at every sport he ever played.
24. I married the homecoming king.
25. He thinks out and does special things for me when I least expect it.
26. He makes the most delicious food I have ever eaten.
27. He is a grill master...at least to me!
28. If I have something on my mind he listens to me.
29. He does so much around the house - more than most husbands I hear about.
30. He smells good...and showers daily.
31. He is a lovely snuggler.
32. He remembers most of what I tell him which is awesome considering I am wordy most of the time.
33. He has fuzzy feet. And ears.
34. Whenever possible, he allows me to have time to myself when I need it.
35. When it comes to decisions about my body (i.e. breastfeeding) he lets me make those decisions without judgment.
36. He gets up really early in the morning with the kids and let's me sleep in especially after a long night with the baby.
37. He puts Timmy and Natalie to bed every night after reading books and singing songs with them.
38. He will play outside in the cold, brisk Michigan winters and during the hot and humid summer months even if it involves dragging kids around in sleds or wagons.
39. He is not afraid to say "I love you" to me and the kids.
40. He thinks I'm funny and somewhat smart.
41. When he picks out clothes for Natalie and picks out a shirt that says something about Daddy.
42. His drawings that he makes with the kids are fantastic.
43. He works long hours to support our family so that I can stay home with the kids.
44. He realizes that when I complain about the kids that it doesn't mean I don't like doing being home with them.
45. He doesn't make fun of me and the kids for naming inanimate objects and actually joins in the naming of certain objects like our vehicles.
46. He doesn't get ticked when he comes home from work and the house is trashed.
47. He tries to replicate my favorite meals from restaurants.
48. He has introduced me to a whole new world of music and TV that I didn't think I'd ever really be into like Phish and 24 (back in the day).
49. He has the kids make cards for people on special days.
50. He is an overall smart, sexy, handsome, sweet, funny, genuine guy that I love with my whole heart. Not just half of it.

1 comment:

Liza said...

*disclaimer*

I have been secretly working on this list for almost a year - so some of the pregnancy references were written while I was pregnant! I AM NOT PREGNANT!