Monday, January 2, 2012

First Blog of 2012! Resolutions...

I am posting my official resolutions for 2012 here on my blog so that I can be held accountable for them.

[one] I am starting the year off at 165 lbs. By the end of the year I will be down to at least 135 and be maintaining a healthy weight.

[two] For Lent this year I will be giving up all pop and alcohol.

[three] My 366 project will be a picture of Sammy for every day of the year. This is my third year doing a yearly project so I know I can stick with this. Two years ago it was a random pic each day for a year. Last year I did a pic of each kid for every day of the year. I would do the same this year but Tim and Nat were so sick of the camera that I don't want them to hate having their picture taken so I'll only do it with Sammers this year.

[four] I will blog at least once a week.

[five] I will keep a handwritten journal so that I can remember all of the important moments of 2012 like the kids' milestones and funny quotes.

[six] Back up all of the pictures I have on my old computer, Chris's work computer, and Cherie's old computer. Delete them from hard drives so that there is more memory available.

[seven] Read a book every month. I love to read but never stick with a book that I start. My book for January is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I have actually read this before back in about 2005 and started rereading it again last month, but I didn't get very far. I will finish it by the end of the month! I am taking recommendations from everyone for books you think I'd enjoy. Books I enjoy - auto/biographies, mysteries (but not heavy ones and things with too many story lines. I won't even touch a book if it's thick like Clancy books LOL), and family-oriented novels. Books I do NOT like or won't read: Potter, Twilight, Romance fluff crap, and anything that will leave me crying for weeks because it involved the deaths of twenty-three children.

[eight] I will play with my children more doing things they want to do. I will get on the floor and pretend to be a "Dino-Rex" if I have to. (Dino-Rex is what Natalie calls dinosaurs) I will play outside with them even if it's freezing cold or a thousands degrees outside.

THERE.

No comments: