Thursday, January 5, 2012

Puke & Packing Peanuts

My husband was in two Fantasy Football leagues this season, as he is every season for the last several years. This year he won one of the leagues and in this league, the winner receives a giant trophy.

Said trophy arrived in the mail today. It arrived in a big box. Coincidentally (or not?), this week in Timmy's preschool it was Box Week - they created things with boxes, hid in boxes, played in boxes, decorated boxes, etc. Well, Chris opened his trophy and inside was a delightful assortment of long pieces of paper, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts. The box was also the perfect size for not only a three-year old to fit inside, but also for a two-year old. Both Timmy and Natalie climbed in. It was fun for them, playing in the packing peanuts. They threw some up in the air, popped the bubbles on the bubble wrap, crinkled the paper, and enjoyed the fun that only toddlers can. (Except for maybe the bubble wrap - Chris and I both enjoyed that a little too much.) I was focusing on their fun and not on the mess they were making. Most of the contents did remain in the box, so Chris said, "I'll clean it up."

Today is Thursday, so Chris needed to go upstairs and change for basketball. I stayed downstairs with the kids and was rocking with Samuel. Samuel felt that during this time it would be appropriate to regurgitate his previous meal all over me. I was clearly not thinking when I went upstairs to change my clothes and get the puke off of me. Chris said, "I fear what they're doing down there," as we listened to the laughter and shrieks of delight coming from down below.

"I've learned to not fear it and just accept it," I told him.

I am pretty sure Chris regretted saying, "I'll clean it up."







BTW - Packing Peanuts are incredibly static-y. I mean, so much that when you put them in the trash they fly out the top and stick to the wall. This being said, Chris and I ate ham out of a bag for dinner and the kids had a fruit bar, an orange, and a banana.

5 comments:

Recycled Soup said...

OMFG!!! That's just priceless! The looked like they had a fantastic time! Love the pics!

my code word is wrinstr

is that kinda like windstar?

Kris said...

It's snowing!

Elizabeth Lemon said...

LOL!!! These are fantastic pictures and priceless. Cleaning up a big mess was totally worth it. You're such a fun mom. <3

Liza said...

LOL It wasn't actually how this was supposed to go. They were supposed to keep it in the box

Me said...

Holy crap! Glad it wasn't :)

Yah, I'm back...or trying to be :)