Monday, May 3, 2010

Amendment

In my blogs of yesteryear there were many a post pertaining to my mother and the fact that she is stone cold crazy. Today I have to make an amendment. For a couple years now, I've had my mom over to visit for the day probably about once a month, give or take. In these past couple of years my mom has been hospitalized several times, but I am proud to say it has been almost a year since her last hospitilization! I'd kinda like to think I have a tiny bit to do with that. I've made a big effort to involve her in my life and to visit her, have her babysit, have her over, etc. As someone with Borderline Personality Disorder, it's hard to know what type of mom I'm going to get on any certain day, but really she has made some big changes and is really loosening up and making a huge effort to not like her BPD take over her life. Sure, she has moments where she's letting it get the best of her, but quite honestly, I've really enjoyed spending time with my mom lately and it hasn't been forced.

So, to all the people that have read past blogs or know my mom personally, please know that my mom has a mental disease - most of what she does or says is not meant. She is really one of the most compassionate and open people I've met. She's sweet and forgiving and has a funny sense of humor. Really, she just wants people to like her and wants to like everyone she meets. So while there may be times in the past and times in the future that I complain about her, I'm allowed. She's my mom. But if anyone has anything to say about my mom you better watch it!

No comments: