Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Milestone

So I'm in the shower, happy for a moment's peace while the kids watch Backyardigans downstairs, all gated up and locked in. I step into the shower and I hear Timmy talking to me. The curtain swings open and he grins at me. This means that either he or Wriley knocked the gate down. I try to hurry because Natalie has been learning how to go up the steps but isn't very steady on them yet. She made it up five or six steps yesterday and I didn't want her to start climbing and then fall down the stairs.

As I wash my hair in super speed, I hear a giggle. This isn't the giggle of a little boy, but the proud giggle from a little girl. "Man, she's loud," I think to myself, assuming she's at the bottom of the stairs. The curtain swings open again and I see the grin of a little girl who has made it up both sets of stairs to join me in the bathroom. Yep, I officially have a stair-climber!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! They just had to come and check on you huh? ;) So cute.

Me said...

Holy scary, but so cute that they both came in to say hi :)