Monday, June 28, 2010

Letter to Timothy

Dear Timothy,

Huh...I'd have never thought that a song I have so fervently made fun of for a few years now would have found a new meaning in my life. Right now I am in the midst of weaning from a very powerful drug and you are catching the brunt of my symptoms. All you want to do is "cuggle" and read books with me, but right now anyone coming within a foot of my personal space is likely to catch a right hook upside the head. I have very little patience for anything and you, being two, already push every single button possible in a mommy's life.

Like I said, I never thought that a song I hated so much would find it's way into my life at just the moment I needed to hear it - and I found a new meaning in it and for us.

"I hope you know, I hope you know, that this has nothing to do with you. It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightenin' out to do."

Truly, Timmy, it has nothing to do with you. You've been sweet and loving, funny and joyful. You always know how to make me laugh and your super duper bear hugs are such a comfort when I'm at the end of my rope.

I love you, Baby Boy.

"Yes, you can hold my hand if you want to, cuz I want to hold yours too."

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Me said...

Awww....sniff, sniff....that's says so much to me too!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Oh, that's hard, Liza. I'm sorry. I have been through similar times with hormonal shifts (getting my cycle started back up after not having it for almost 2 years) and I know how horrible it feels to not want to hold/snuggle/whatever your kiddo.

Hang in there, lady.