Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day!

Tomorrow is Turkey Day!

I think it's going to be a very bittersweet day.

On Monday, Great Grandma C passed away. While it was expected, it doesn't make it any less of a loss for the family. She was a funny, feisty old woman, but from the first day I met her, I loved her. She always had me laughing with the way she would stick her tongue out at her son and still try to mother him. She always asked me how my mom was doing and I will never forget her being absolutely convinced that I wanted to wear her wedding dress in my wedding.

The visitation is on Friday and the funeral on Saturday. I am actually nervous. I don't do well in these situations. Being around grieving people is very difficult for me. I never know what to say and I'm not overly huggy with people. I won't have my kids to hide behind, either. Seeing other adults cry makes me rather uncomfortable.

Please pray for Chris's family this Thanksgiving.

No comments: