Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Twenty Week Appointment

I had my twenty week appointment this morning. It was supposed to be my last with my ob because I was going to switch. I do not want her anywhere near me during delivery. Let's just say she isn't the brightest crayon in the box. She's incredibly nice, but she's also incredibly incompetent. I've decided to hold off on switching because, surprise!, she is twenty-three weeks pregnant and will be on maternity leave when I have Baby Girl! That means I might still end up with Dr. L. at delivery! He delivered The Boy and was awesome!

Baby Girl's heartbeat was strong and fast, in the 150s. I haven't felt her kicking as much the last few days, but she still does occasionally so I know she's okay. Dr. U. was on my case about losing weight and I explained to her that weight loss must be common for me during pregnancy because I lost twenty pounds with The Boy and this time I have lost about fifteen pounds. I did end up gaining back the twenty with The Boy, so I assume I'll be gaining everything back this time as well. But if that means I need an extra bowl of ice cream at dinner, so be it. I can sacrifice.

I made Baby Girl a tie-blanket today. I'll be sure to share some pictures later on. I'm also working on making her some tutus. I never saw myself as the tutu-type, but it's been really fun making this first one and they're pretty popular for little girls right now. Well, obviously little girls. If you're putting a tutu on a little boy you have bigger issues than the tutu.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to jump on the girly girl train! I haven't even done something that drastic yet.

Liza said...

I think after having a boy for a year I'm itching for some pink!

shoeaddict said...

Oh, that sucks that you don't love your OB. I love mine. I hope she delivers Baby!! We must talk girl names soon. What are you loving? What does he like?