Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thirty-Eight Weeks

She can come any time.

I don't think I've progressed really at all since I was checked at thirty-six weeks, but anything can happen. I'm sick of hearing about how things happen with second pregnancies vs. the first because really, she's going to come when she is good and ready...which will probably be some time in October.

I've been having some issues with anxiety for the last week. I will sometimes feel like I've had ten cups of coffee but really I've had none. I get really jittery, my jaw aches and is really tense, I can hardly breathe, and my heart races. The doc I saw yesterday wasn't too concerned right now, but wants me to keep an eye on things and if they don't get better after she is born then we'll talk about medication. I worry more about PPD, but I didn't have much more than just the baby blues with The Boy, so hopefully that won't be a problem this time either.

I took The Boy to Build-A-Bear today to celebrate Big Brother Celebration Day. He picked out a dog that I named Jack and he loves him! I also got him a stroller to push Jack around and he is obsessed with it. I knew a stroller would be a big hit because The Boy is obsessed with his own stroller. I also got new shoes for him because his feet are huge and he has outgrown his other shoes. He is now a size six! SIX! Big foot!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Lemon said...

Happy 38 weeks!! I'm 6 days behind you (bettyearl from JM here, in case you are wondering where I came from)... I wonder if I've progressed in the last week. Probably not, as the contractions have died way down. Isn't that supposed to be backwards?? Good luck - could be any day now or 3 weeks, who knows!

Liza said...

All the contrax I was having have slowed down too! So frustrating. I hope it's any day now, but at least I know it'll be soon...ish :D