Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thirty-Six Weeks

Yesterday I turned thirty-six weeks. Four weeks left. Maybe less. I hope less. At my appointment I was dilated to a one. It was also the last time I'd be seeing Dr. Uh-Oh, as The Boy calls her. I am very excited because now I get to see Dr. Wonka, the man who delivered The Boy. He was fantastic!

I've been very crampy, lots of contractions on and off for several days now. I've also been having the poos, which was a sure sign that I was going to be going into labor with The Boy. We'll see when Baby Girl decides to make her grand entrance, I'm hoping it won't be forty weeks. The only thing that makes me want her to wait that long is the prospect of having two due date babies.

I'm feeling very anxious, nervous, and nostalgic these last few days. I've been listening to some of my favorite bands with The Boy and remembering some of the times when I started listening to those bands - before I had kids. Part of me really misses that freedom, but then I realize I'm so close to bringing Baby Girl into the world and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Boy is waiting for me to feed him some Maple and Brown Sugar Cream of Wheat, so I best be going.

2 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

I can't wait for you to have her. I know that it's scary to have all that change, but you'll be fine.

Do you have a name all ready for baby girl? Or do you want to see her first? Are you not telling the name until she's born? That is what we are doing. We have a boy and girl name.

I'm NOT looking forward to the doctor checking my lady bits. When does that begin?

Liza said...

I was checked at 36 weeks b/c that's when they did the strep b test. I was also checked back at around 28 weeks b/c I had been having contrax but I wasn't dilated at all then :) With T I got checked any time I went to the ER b/c it was for bleeding and then Dr. Uh-Oh checked me at my 36 week & 40 week appt and I had T the next day loL!

We do have a name picked out but we aren't sharing it until she's born :D