Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day Three

Chris is in Arizona (for work) this week. We brought him to the airport on Monday morning then went to the viewing park for a little bit to watch planes. They either weren't using the runway we were closest to or no planes were coming in or taking off at that time. We did get to see a couple planes take off from the runway across the field and Timmy was convinced that they were Daddy's planes. I didn't tell him otherwise.

We needed to get out for a bit that afternoon, so I decided to take the kids on a Big Brother/Sister Adventure Day to the mall. When I was pregnant with Timmy I took him to Build-a-Bear to build his own baby. I wanted to do the same for Natalie. She loved it in there and wanted to pick out every animal. The first animal she went for was of course the same dog that Timmy has two of already, so I had her pick out a different animal. She picked a big brown bunny that she named (yes, she named it!) Butterfly. I was going to let Timmy pick another one out but he didn't want to so I didn't argue. Instead I took him to Kohls and he picked out a new loader. I told them these were their gifts from Baby Brother.

We spent the rest of Monday just hanging out and playing. Timmy cried for Daddy for a few minutes at bedtime but then passed out quickly. Nat didn't go to bed as easily and was awake til 9.

We were up bright and early yesterday morning because Natalie had a cough attack due to allergies. Once she was up and around her cough cleared up and she was fine for the rest of the day. We went out to OUAC for a little bit yesterday morning. I found a cute puppy blanket (Gymbo!) for Baby Brother for $1.50! Can't beat that! I also got Natalie a leash for $3.50 and she actually loves it and wants to wear it all the time. We came home and had lunch then the kids went down for rest. When they got up we walked to the store so I could get stuff to make dinner. That was a mistake on my part. Even though it was only a few blocks away my back was killing me when we got back.

My parents picked up the kids for dinner and took them to the park so I had some time to hang out on my own which was awesome and so appreciated. It had been a long day of Timmy peeing in the yard, peeing in his pants, going outside to pee rather than peeing in the bathroom, and other potty-training adventures.

The kids went to bed really well even though they were hyper from being out with Grandma and Grandpa. They both coughed a lot on and off all night though, poor kids. Nat was up around 5 coughing her little head off so I got her a sippy of ice water and that seemed to help.

Today our plans are NOTHING. We are not leaving the house. We are staying here, enjoying the beautiful weather, watching some shows, and taking it easy. We're almost halfway done!

No comments: