Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Not That Mom

You know those SAHMs that are able to have the house cleaned before ten a.m. and have not only been able to shower, but all of their children are bathed and dress too? Then they easily leave the house even though the mom is outnumbered by children? They run errands with no issues and even throw in a trip to the park where the kids play nicely together and don't fall off of stuff and get hurt? Then they come home, eat a lunch of homemade macaroni and freshly squeezed lemonade and before the kids settle down for a nap they do an art project together where no one gets messy and the mom smiles and takes pictures of all the new projects? Then when the children wake up from their naps they enjoy a nice snack of raw vegetables with no complaining and then everyone shuffles outside for a nice backyard adventure? Then before Daddy arrives home dinner is in the oven and the children are cleaned up and reading books together?

Yeah...that's not me and those aren't my kids. I lose my mind several times before ten a.m. and I'm lucky to have showered before noon. My kids will be yelled at and sat in time out more times than I can count before we even get to lunch. Lunch will be a battle because my two-year-old is the pickiest eater ever and will only eat a pile of ketchup on some days. And his lunch? Burger King breakfast [btw, BK has the best coffee!]. It's so stinkin' hot these days that I can't bear going outside without getting physically sick [no joke] so my poor kids have to sit inside with the a/c on where we watch several episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba and The Fresh Beat Band because it's the only thing I can do to keep them entertained so I can clean the kitchen or write this blog.

Doing any type of art project takes more set up and cleaning time than it does the amount of time that my children will spend doing the project. I can't even get them to color without eating the crayons [Timmy prefers green...does that count as a veggie?].

So, I'm sorry, Facebook Moms that always have great status updates about all the fun stuff you've done with your kids. You're either some sort of miraculous being or your full of it...and you know what I mean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I'm not that Mom either! It takes a while LOT of energy and time for me to make it out the door in the morning....most times I am satisfied to make it out for errands by 1pm :p
Tracy

Anonymous said...

umm Im definately NOT that Mom either...I'm more like you. I can't tell you the last time we've played in out in our yard bc the heat is so horrible, or the last time we've all been fed AND bathed by noon!!! LOL So dont worry...those other "Moms" are full of it..haha.

Heather A (Ava and Bryce's Mommy)

Lisa said...

LOL Liza. I have always wondered how people do all that!!!! It is 8:39, Sophia has been up since 6am. I am showered (stickers are great for shower time....I shut the door and she covers it with stickers!) by some sort of miracle, but the house is a disaster, and nothing has been done yet. And I am glad to hear that someone else's two year old eats nothing but ketchup!!!!