Monday, July 19, 2010

Timmyism #3

It's way past Timmy's bedtime, but he's being so good we don't want to interrupt his fun playing. What is he doing?

"I drive black car!" This can go one of two ways - really good or really bad. Thankfully this time it's really good...and really funny! "I get my shoes."

"We're not going outside right now, Timmy," I tell him, but he is way ahead of me. He quickly steps into Daddy's work shoes, on the wrong feet of course. Then he says, "I get my keys!" To make him happy, I hand him Daddy's keys. He shuffles to the door and tries to turn the knob.

"I go to work now. Bye Mommy, see you later." After a minute he turns and shuffles across the room. "I home now. I go to food store." After a minute he turns around and announces, "I home now."

This whole scenario repeats itself for, well, we're going on twenty minutes now. Occasionally he stops to yell, "Bye Mom. See you later. Bye Daddy, Mommy. Bye, Mom, Dad." Then he adds, "Have a good shopping trip, Adios Daddy."

At one point he climbed onto one of his riding toys and tried to drive it with Daddy's shoes on, jingling the keys happily. He keeps telling us he's driving Daddy's black car.

Updating: Now he's not only going to work and to the food store, he's going downtown! This kid kills me.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That is SO cute!! :)

Me said...

Where were these when we were there? lol....he's so cute!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Oh, Liza...I want to come see the little guy! He sounds SO much bigger than last I saw him.

I'm so glad you sent the links. I'm going to poke around here and your other site a bit. :) And I loved your comments about how we're practically related. :)

Hi to Chris and smooches to the kids for me.

Liza said...

thanks elizabeth! he is so much bigger and so much more imaginative and creative than before...and so much more stinkerly! the kid is always into something!