Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lots of Randoms

[one] This has been...a week...

The week started off with Timmy just having the worst attitude ever! Last week he ran a high fever for about three days straight and then it went away as quickly as it came. He had no other symptoms with the fever - just the fever. We suspect his attutide might have been him still not feeling great. He would cry over every little thing and was argumentative, cranky, and naughty.

The last couple of days have been better with him, aside from him stealing candy for breakfast yesterday and losing his outside to play privileges. We are so worn out on his overall attitude and lack of sleep and are so ready for a break...which leads me to....

[two] We get to go away!

Chris has a meeting or a reception or something random that is work-related going on in Detroit tomorrow night and we worked it out so that I could go with him! We will stay in a hotel overnight and come back on Saturday. Huge thank yous to Grandpa and Grandma C for taking the kiddos for us! They are excited, especially Timmy. He can't wait to go sledding with Grandma.

[three] Hyperthyroidism

I have been in the process of finally getting an answer to my bizarro pregnancy symptoms that go beyond the morning sickness and fatigue that most people suffer while pregnant.

In all three pregnancies I have experienced a significant weight loss of around 20 pounds each time - and this time has been even more than 20. I am extremely short of breath even if I just stand for more than a minute. I can walk across the room and feel like I am going to pass out, and at times I get very dizzy. Showering is the worst. I'm not sure if it's the heat from the water or the fact that I stand for so long while showering, but I get really dizzy and short of breath during my showers. Another issue I have is itching. I thought I was having a dry skin problem, but this was all over itching that couldn't be tamed even if I lathered on the lotion. This is intense itching that can bring me to tears if it keeps going on. There's also the TMI issue of having the poos nonstop all through my pregnancies. And don't even get me started on the fatigue! I've mentioned before that I feel like I can't get enough sleep and I sleep like the dead - it's just ridiculous how much exhaustion consumes me sometimes and for no reason at all.

So I talked to my ob about it at my last appointment and he sent me for some labwork. My TSH came back at 0.06 which is a sign of Hyperthyroidism - something that causes all of these symptoms - all of the symptoms that Dr. Uh Oh never paid attention to and would respond, "That's weird," when I'd tell her about them. I went back a couple days ago to have get a T4 test done. I'm still waiting for the results on that.

I'm really hoping to finally have an answer to all of my troubles and hopefully something can be done to lessen the symptoms. Don't get me wrong, I could stand to lose a few pounds - but not while I'm pregnant!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hope you have fun tonight!