Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Weigh-in

I have really slacked off over the last week. Eating ice cream snacks and had some pop. UGH. Despite all that I am down to 163, so that's a start! I was 165 two weeks ago, so even though I haven't lost much at least it's not going up!

I had an appointment this morning and sat down in the room and across from me was a huge mirror I looked so....UGH....fat and rolly polly. Yuck. I am so sick of feeling so down on myself for being so out of shape. Having three kids in the last four years has really taken a toll on my body and while I'd do it again, I wish I'd have worked harder at keeping the weight down.

One thing that I know would help me feel better about myself is, once again, having clothes that fit me properly. I take all the time to build great wardrobes for my kids but never take the time to do anything nice for myself. It doesn't help that I am totally clueless as to what to buy that would look good on me and I don't have the money to spend. I wish I could have someone shop for me and dress me up and make me look good because I don't know how to do it for myself. I want to be one of those moms that looks as good as her kids but I just don't. I wear the same two outfits to church each week. I'm sure the people around me assume I don't have any other clothes, which is pretty much true. I bought myself a couple new pairs of jeans a couple months ago - then I gained twenty pounds and I can't get them on past my fat thighs. The jeans I do have that fit are old, have holes in them, and stains. I look like SAHM Trash.

Anyway...I don't mean to complain. I am working hard towards becoming the Mom I want to be inside and out and I do love myself. I'm pretty rad. I think I'm pretty, but only from the neck up. When I'm done breast-feeding I would love to be able to have a breast reduction. And a tummy tuck. And while we're at it, how about a nose job?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liza,
I totally understand how you feel. I have struggled with my weight for ever. I know that when I'm thinner I feel so much better about myself but I keep gaining the weight back. It's so frustrating. I wish we lived closer so we could do a diet program together. I need someone to motivate me.
love ya,
jodi

It's on the table said...

according to your numbers, you are almost my size now. I have a bag of clothes that I am getting rid of...maybe you want to look through it first? It's just stuff I am tired of or fits me weird, it might work for you though!
Besides, I still have Natalie's monkey back pack thing!