Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yuck.

Before I get into the point of my post, just have to say I am still working on a new title and blog layout for my blog. I realize my baby is four months old (today!) but I am slow at these things.

Anyway. Last week I actually buckled down and started on some new goals as the first step towards my weight loss journey and for the most part I did pretty well. The basic "rules" are no eating after 8pm, no pop or alcohol (though a little wine or wine cooler is okay, nothing hard), and pretty much just eating smaller portions at meal time and less snacking in between. I've also been making a point to drink a glass of water each time I go into the kitchen. Some days I'm better at this than others.

I started out last Monday at 165 and on Friday was 163.5, so that's a start.

Today we had Sammy's dedication at church. My sister took pics for me and I just got them put over onto the computer and man...I look so grossly overweight and frumpy. My self confidence has plummeted once again just reminding me of how much I really need to focus. So tomorrow, not only will I continue with my better eating habits, but I will also be adding as much exercise to the regimine as I can. I'll try to do the shred a few times a week as well as some walking and other workout videos I can find. I know that there are some free things on demand.

I am so sick of being the fat one of all my friends and family. I used to be the thin one that everyone accused of having an eating disorder. Why can't I just find a happy medium?

3 comments:

Teri said...

Good job on the 1 1/2 loss in 5 days!! :) :) Keep up the great work!! :)
I think I'm gonna adapt a similar set of rules for myself. :)

~Frankie

kathryn ayers said...

I've noticed that my body tends to hold on to "fat"
more when I'm nursing like it still feels like I'm pregnant. What you are doing for your babies is so good. I am going to go through my clothes I have all different sizes my. weight changes so much too but I definitely have some clothes You can have while your body is shrinking that will make you feel better and I also agree when you have clothes that don't fit right you can look way bigger then You really are Lets get together soon and I can hook you up!!

Liza said...

kathryn, you're awesome! let's get together for sure, but not just for clothes - i do have dipes for eli btw! how is he doing? i hate weight fluctuations! i'd love to come hang out iwht you and the kids can play - i've yet to even meet your kiddos and i don't think you've met timmy! i be they'd all have a blast together. and i want to hold eli! and yo'd be surprised by sam - he's huge now LOL!thanks girl!!!